Thursday, September 7, 2017

Today we rode the town of Ste.Genevieve, MO

Just to have lunch in the Anvil Bar and Grill


Built in 1850 as a hardware store and changed to a bar and grill in 1855.

Coming back from the grill I set my GPS to curvy adventurous roads, but stopped here and there for a picture or two.

Away from the cities, eastern Missouri has a lot of rolling farm land.

It seems to be a very peaceful area.


Very clean, very neat!



There are a lot of these relatively small cemeteries located on the rural roads.

All that I've seen are apparently owned by a church that is very close by.

This one has been here for awhile.........

......based on some of the dates on the headstones.

This evening we are having a potluck with a grill your own option.

I prepared a small 20 steak with three small cajun brats for my low carb meal.

We just ate at different times as our meat would finish cooking.

Poor Sandy had to sit alone since she was only eating salad.  (just kidding)

The aroma from the grills was mouth watering

If you stood too close, the smoke was eye watering




This guy was a very successful beggar!

Unfortunately I'm not allowed any carbs on my diet!

Father forgive me for I have sinned............

Getting ready for the charity auction

All over now, time to pack up their booty and call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment