Friday, September 1, 2017

Each evening Sherm and I do our blogs before we go to sleep. They make a nice photo journal for when we want to recall or revisit a moment from one of our trips.


Sunrise in the oil field country of Oklahoma.


The drilling platforms are a familiar structure all around this area.


They even have a crows nest on top for the locals

I'm not sure what plane is doing at this particular display, but I thought it looked cool.




Sherm and Pat used to ride here to Red Rock Canyon.


It is a state park near the town of Hinton, OK

Driving down the highway, you would never know it was here if not for the sign.

A really cool Willy's riding through the park.

It sounded great!


Not many areas around here to practice this sport.

We rode the Mother Road today from OK City to Sepulveda. We stopped for lunch at the Pop Shop

We both had salads, but if I had known of all of the BBQ places that are on Route 66, I would have continued on.

They are supposed to have some of every kind of pop ever sold in America here in this store. I wasn't able to find my favorite Nehi chocolate pop from back in the early sixties 


Maybe the most recognized of all of the Route 66 landmarks.

Looking out from inside


A spoke shaver and a book press. I couldn't figure out how the shaver works.

Lot's of things to separate you from your money

Always somebody standing in the road taking pics


one last look

No comments:

Post a Comment