Friday, June 9, 2017

I stopped for fuel in Julesburg, CO and this guy was filling up.
And there he goes.....he said he only lived a couple of blocks away.



In the olden days of my youth each car had a distinct look that separated it from all of the others.........so did theaters.

I think these are fueling stations for farm equipment, but actually I have no clue what they really are. This just in, Joel Schneekloth  just let me know that these are grain sampling devices that can reach into the truck and suck out a sample to test for moisture, purity of product, etc. Thanks Joel!

I've owned a few old tractors, but none this old.

Big silos!

I used to think Platt Electric was named after  the Platte River. I just figured out they aren't as their are spelled differently. That only took about 45 years to discover. :)

I needed some food to take my aspirin and stopped at this Mexican restaurant. Grilled chicken breast with shrimp, guacamole and pico de gallo. It was so good!!!

Saw a sign denoting the original pony express station

I had to stop

Mostly because there has been nothing along the super slab to photograph.

So most of the time I like taking nature scenes

This trip is going to consist of other subject matter.




Considering the machinery they had to work with back then, these are incredibly well made!

This archway was going to be one of my stops today but I didn't realize I was going to lose another hour due to time zones.
I did capture these pics riding by at 83 mph.



Supposedly 170 years of history inside. I'm pretty sure the structure isn't that old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment