Saturday, June 17, 2017

We rode through some Amish country yesterday, but we didn't stop for any pictures.

I headed back by myself today for another look.

It is easy to tell the Amish from the non-Amish. Hint, it's not the size of the farm as they are farming some rather large acreages. 

No tractors, cars, or trucks.

They still use machinery, but mostly implements designed to be pulled behind a tractor that now use an intermediate hitch that is harnessed to the horse.

It is a very clean look

Also seems very peaceful


I took a picture of this man coming up the road.

As he got closer, he bowed his head to hide his face apparently.

Equipment from the turn of the century.

I hope they hand weeding that whole field!


A side delivery rake they pull using the intermediate hitch.

This guy was angry that I took his picture. I told him I didn't that I took a picture of his horse and carriage. He called me a liar! I wasn't!

Downtown Cashton, may have been the same guy.

One I've not seen before this trip.

I ran Aumock!

It was nice starting out.

but soon turned south!

It then merged with this road. It should have been called Goose Grease it was so slippery!

but also quite pretty!

Goats make everything fun.......can you believe the one on top was named Lanny?

This guy/gal kept braying at me until I took her/his picture.

I had some authentic Mexican food in Richland Center, WI

Surprisingly to me, it was!

....and very good!!

Country yard art!

Looks like ones missing.

Some days you're the art, some days you're the artist, must be out drawing something in a field.

No comments:

Post a Comment