Friday, October 20, 2017

Oct 20th and I am riding to Ramona, CA for the final event of my 50th High School Reunion. On the way I decided to fill up in Ehrenberg, AZ for the last cheap gas before CA. While there I decided to check out the town. From the sign I'm expecting great prosperity!

The John Deere dealer looks optimistic.

Lot's of expensive equipment waiting for a new owner.


A fine desert schooner waiting to be sailed.

Twin screw drives to make maneuvering among the sage brush easier.

After a hard day sailing the sand this luxury resort is a welcome sight.

The local architect rivals Frank Lloyd Wright.

The local mall


A great place to retire

You can get it all here.......grub, that is!

The town is still alive.

A modern fire station is required to protect all of these fine structures.

Crime...........what crime?

This town is flourishing right here on the Colorado river.


The I-10 bridge heading to CA. Did you notice the little alien trying to get a good look at me?


Hwy 78 in SE CA.

I love all of Nature including the rugged unforgiving desert.

The Imperial Sand Dunes near Glamis. The wind was blowing today!

An old building in Brawley, CA. I took this pic while waiting for the light to change.

Near Borrego Springs, just starting up the hill and the weather is changing.

When I left Brawley it was 83 degrees. Pulling into Julian, it is 52 degrees and raining.

In my past life (a couple of years ago) I would have stopped here for a piece of hot blackberry pie with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment