Sunday, September 9, 2018

Turned 15K in Glens Ferry Idaho

Had to take the pick while I was loafing along

Cheryl, made me think of you. I think you may have actually taken a picture of this on your last trip out here.

I was a little disappointed in Twin Falls Idaho

A little better


More like it

While I was going down, he was coming up.

Tough little guy, made it all the way by himself!

Without the people blocking the vie









When they built this dam, they did a great job of protecting the beauty of the falls

A very nice powerhouse too!

I took a pic of a Jap, he took a pic of a kraut. :)

The leaves are changing at the higher elevation in Utah

Makes for a beautiful ride


Hey Rocky, just checking to see if your following this thing

Sunday morning the 9th of Sept. I'm the first one here.

I watched them raise Old Glory. I stood!

It was more interesting than I thought it would be

I was the only passenger on the first trip of the day.

Several unique formations along the way to the dig

Yep, it was just me and the driver

Nice view of the Green River 

The building was built on the side of the hill protecting the dig site.

One of two Rangers on Site

These are models of the dinosaurs found at this site

It is surprising how complete some of them are










Leg bone connected to the ..........

I guess it was this guys leg bone


Some of them you are allowed to touch, I'm proving that

This is the actual fossilized skull of the guy in the picture below


This is a casting of the skull above

And the artist rendition of what he might have looked like


Read the article above

They are promoting down pointing lights to limit light pollution of our skies

nice color in them thar hills



As I got on the train, this gal got off, she has some long hair!







The train driver disobeys this sign every fifteen minutes

An electric government vehicle


Even the hills look like the ridged back of a dinosaur


I got to visit some great VROC friends in Silt, CO. We rode to this restaurant in his new Jeep that has ten times the buttons of my new Wing

Riding through the Colorado River Canyon on I-70, these pictures don't begin to capture the beauty.








First glimpse of the Rockies, the landscape will be boring once I cross over.


No comments:

Post a Comment